The Website is owned and operated by Nu Humana Limited, a limited liability company registered in England and Wales with registered number 08425023 and registered office at Edwards Chartered Accountants, Harmony House, 34 High Street, Aldridge, Walsall, West Midlands, WS9 8LZ, United Kingdom.
OVERVIEW Nu Humana Limited respects the privacy and security of visitors to the Website and is committed to protecting your privacy. This policy describes our practices regarding the use of any personal information we collect from you via the Website or you provide to us and gives an overview of the measures we have taken to provide a safe environment for you.
1. COLLECTION AND USE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION 1.1 It will normally be clear when your personal information is being collected. Personal information includes, amongst other things, your name, postal address (including post code), telephone number, email address and credit card details. Where applicable, this information may include the name of your school, school address and telephone number.
1.2 We collect personal information only for specific limited purposes and we only ask for information that is appropriate. We will only collect personal information from you which you have voluntarily provided by completing any subscription, order, registration, enrolment, enquiry or application form on this Website, or which you have sent to us via email, fax or post or which you have provided by telephone or any other means. See also Clause 3 below.
1.3 By disclosing your personal information to Nu Humana Limited you agree that we may obtain, hold and use the personal information you provide for the purposes of providing you with our products and/or services and with ancillary services (the “Purposes”). The Purposes for which personal information is collected and processed include, without limitation:
(a) responding to any enquiries you have made;
(b) sending you materials and/or information you have requested or products which you have purchased;
(c) performing our obligations in relation to any agreement you have with us;
(d) conducting contests, competitions or promotions;
(e) enabling you to submit contributions to us and/or to the Website;
(f) to customise and improve the content on the Website or any other websites which are part of the Nu Humana Limited and/or to improve our products and services to respond to your current and future needs and interests;
(g) contacting you if we change our products or services or terms or if we need to give you notice of them;
(h) for the purpose of marketing our other products and services to you (by email or post,) unless you indicate otherwise during the submission process (e.g. by ticking the relevant boxes that are provided) or by subsequently notifying us as set out in Clause 1.4 that you do not wish to receive such material;
(i) for accounting purposes and internal administration and analysis;
(j) for the prevention of fraud; and
(k) for any purpose required by law or regulation.
1.4 If you wish to unsubscribe from emails and/or other communications sent by Nu Humana Limited, you may do so at any time by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link that appears in all email messages or by contacting us at Nu Humana Limited 15 Gorway Gardens, Walsall, West Midlands, WS1 3BJ, United Kingdom or email "email@example.com"
1.5 The processing of your personal information may involve its transfer to a country or territory outside the European Economic Area, which may not provide the same protection for your personal information, and you agree to such transfer.
2. DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION 2.1 Subject to clauses 2.2, 2.3, 2.4 and 2.5, we do not share, sell, rent or distribute personal data to or with third parties unless the transfer of such information to third parties is strictly necessary for the performance of the Purposes (e.g. for fulfilling your order for a magazine subscription) and will not disclose personal information to third parties for their own marketing purposes unless you have consented to this.
2.2 We may share personal information with other companies within the Nu Humana Limited Group of companies which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 736 of the UK Companies Act 1985 We may disclose personal information to service providers who manage aspects of our operations. We may also disclose personal information to third parties when we consider it necessary for the purpose of maintaining the safety and security of the Website.
2.3 In the future, we may sell our business or assets. Personal information is usually considered an asset in such transactions. We may disclose, transfer, sell, assign or license any of the information described above, including personally identifiable information, to third parties as a result of or in preparation for the sale, merger, consolidation, change in control, transfer of substantial assets, reorganisation or liquidation of Nu Humana Limited and you consent to such disclosure, transfer, sale, assignment or license.
2.4 We may share your personal information with other companies where you have expressly consented to this.
2.5 We may disclose your personal information if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation or to enforce our Website terms and conditions, terms of sale or to protect the rights, property or safety of Xavier Of The World, our customers or others. This includes exchanging information with our companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
3. COOKIES AND IP ADDRESSES 3.1 In addition to asking you to submit personal information, we may collect information about you automatically when you visit the Website. This information is not normally personally identifiable. Such information includes general information about your computer settings, your connection to the internet (i.e. your Internet Service Provider), your IP address (this is the number assigned to your computer by a web server when you are on the internet), your geographical location, your operating system, your browsing patterns, the pages you visit and documents downloaded. We analyze such information in the aggregate and will not use it for the purpose of identifying you (except that we may use such information to identify a visitor if we consider that there are or may be safety or security issues or to comply with relevant laws and regulations).
3.2 We may collect this information through the use of software technology called “cookies”. Cookies are small bits of information which are sent to your computer’s hard drive when you first visit the Website, and which allow us to identify your computer (but not you) the next time you visit the Website. We may use the information collected in this way to (i) identify what technologies and internet services are being used by our visitors and (ii) track usage of the Website so that we can adapt the Website to ensure that it better suits your needs and interests.
3.3 Most internet browsers give you the option to reject all cookies, accept all cookies, erase cookies stored on your computer or be notified before a cookie is stored on your computer. Your ease of use of the Website may be reduced if you reject all cookies. You will need to refer to your internet browser instructions to find out more about these options and how to use them.
4. SECURITY 4.1 We have implemented industry standard measures that aim to safeguard the security of your personal information against loss, misuse and unauthorised access or alteration. However, no data transmission over the internet can ever be entirely secure. While we will always use reasonable endeavours to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information submitted via the Website and any transmission is at your own risk.
4.2 We use secure server software over a Secure Socket Layer (SSL) line to protect your credit card information. It encrypts all of your personal and credit card information so that it cannot be read as it progresses through our ordering system. Once this information is received, it is stored in a location isolated from the internet.
4.3 We do not require you to register in order to access the Website. However, certain parts of this Website are secure and only available once you have registered and chosen a unique password. You will be responsible for all use, access and communications to this Website utilising such password whether or not such use, access or communications are authorised by you. As a result, please keep your password safe.
5. MONITORING EMAILS We may monitor and/or keep records of email communications which you send us in the interests of our business and in accordance with this policy.
6. LINKS TO OTHER SITES Visitors will find links from the Website to third party sites that are not operated by us including links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. Where we provide such links, we do so for information purposes only. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the practices or content of such other sites which will/should have their own privacy policies. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. We recommend that children check with their parents before clicking through to any third party sites, and we encourage all users of this Website to read the privacy policies of all linked sites before navigating through them and submitting any personal data.
7. ACCESS TO INFORMATION 7.1 You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org
7.2 You can ask to review the personal information we hold about you and ask us to change or delete any of this information. You can do this by contacting us by email on Nu Humana Limited, 15 Gorway Gardens, Walsall, West Midlands, WS1 3BJ, United Kingdom or email "email@example.com"
7.3 We may charge a small administration fee in relation to any requests for access to personal information.
7.4 Please also help us to keep you personal information current and accurate by contacting us if your personal information becomes out of date. Please contact us at Nu Humana Limited, 15 Gorway Gardens, Walsall, West Midlands, WS1 3BJ, United Kingdom or email "firstname.lastname@example.org"
Alternatively you can update your profile by accessing your account page and changing your profile online.
8. PARENTS 8.1 Nu Humana Limited is committed to the safety and privacy of children who visit and participate in the Website. For those activities that require us to collect personal information (e.g. competitions), we will only collect personal information which is necessary to enable us to administer the relevant activity.
8.2 In posting competition winners’ names on the Website it is our policy to indicate no more than a child’s first name, first initial of last name, county, age or year group. We encourage parents and guardians to watch over their children’s online use. Please educate your children to always ask for your permission before they provide personal information.
9. CHILDREN 9.1 Remember to be smart and safe online. Always ask your parent or guardian for permission before you give out any personal information. This could include your name, email address, home address, telephone number, where you go to school or any other information about yourself that would enable someone to contact you either online or offline.
9.2 From time to time we run online competitions for you to enter. Always remember to ask your parent or guardian for permission before entering any competition on this Website.